how can i terminate parental rights of an abusive man? adult content

My son was a little over a year old when i divorced my abuser. I was sexually assalted many times, held captive in my own home, kept from my familly, chased in a vehicle while pregnant and other kids with me....etc. There is an open sexual asault case here. He moved back to idaho. Our son has not seen him and is now 4 years old. I do not want him anywhere near my son. I do not want him growing up to treat woman like that. I recently told him i would sign something stating that he doesn't owe me any of the over 7000 dollars of support if he would give up his rights. Of course he didn't go for that. I'm desperate to feel safe and proving sexual asault against the man you were married to is difficult.

darci2072

Asked by darci2072 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Document everything and take him to court
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Talk to a lawyer. That might have been something that should have been dealt with right after you seperation/divorce.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Get a lawyer and go to court. You'll have to have some proof, of course, but if he doesn't pay the support he owes and he hasn't seen the child in 4 years, I would think abandonment comes in there. Good luck.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Exactly what ceallaigh said, and then some. You'd have a pretty good case - an open sexual assault case, unpaid child support, your ex never having seen his son - it may cost a little money but it would be worth it!!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• thanks everyone
    darci2072

Comment by darci2072 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010