To all you single mothers...What can I do???

I have a friend who is a single mother to a 7yr old and is pregnant with another child. Her and her husband are getting a divorce after the birth of this child (they're not allowed to get one right now by law). He has already moved out and she is doing all this alone.

I feel so bad for her and feel like I need to do what I can to help her. What do you single mothers suggest I do? What does a pregnant single mother need the most??? We just became friends recently and I don't want to pry too much, but, I also don't want her to think she can't come to me.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• She'll probably just need a friend! Someone to hang out with, with the kids and also spend some adult time with. Try not to judge and just let her know you are there for her.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think friends. i don't know what i would do without any
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Friends. someone worth trusting to tell the good the bad and the ugly.. maybe someone to listen to her cry when things get hectic divorce pending children life etc. there may be melt downs.. and just be around.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I agree with everyone so far! My ex cheated on me and left me during my second pregnancy.... and i so agree with what everyone is saying....help with kids from time to time... encouragement ....adult conversation....and no judgement when she falters or vents.....just be there and maybe ask her what u can do..
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• just be there for her be a great friend to her tell her that she can count on you & ask her what you can do for her
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• just let her know that you are there for her whnever she needs you.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Tell her that you're sorry that she's getting divorced after the baby is born. But if she needs somebody, that you will be there for her. Also, if she needs anything you will help out if you can. She's going to need all the help she can get.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Just be her friend and let her know that you are there for whatever she needs.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010