are your kids in daycare or a home daycare?

I prefer daycare so I can check online. I don't trust home daycares

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why wouldn't you trust a home daycare? They are licensed, regulated and checked by their licensors more frequently. They receive training, you can drop in anytime and they actually have an open door policy. The numbers are smaller, they can provide a quality program and it can be a mixed age group where children learn from each other as well as excel individually. You can get references and the schedules are more flexible for your child. If they don't want to do art at 9:00, they can do it anytime during the day. Centers have a rigid schedule, they have many caregivers rotating through the door all day long. Care is inconsistent and it is difficult at best to give that warm nurturing relationship kids need. I used to be a director and the dollar is the bottom line there. I also own a home daycare now. I provide quality care and kids love it here. So do the parents!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my 4 year old has always been in a home daycare. they are cheaper, have more flexible hours, the one shes in now doesn't even close for holidays except thanksgiving and christmas. Plus my daughter gets more attention there, they treat her like she is one of the family.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm a stay at home mom i've never been away from them for more than an hour
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My daycare...My daughter is with the same lady all day actually. They don't have many coming in and leaving. I drop her off with the lady who is still there when I pick her up. the only time they have extras come in is in the last couple hours to help with people picking up their kids.

they have small classes. I believe my daughter has 10 kids in her class including her and they only close for thanksgiving and christmas. They are open for all other holidays.
    I don't trust home daycares! and neither does my hubby unless I'm working in one my kids won't go. If they have cameras then ok but if not then no way! that's for any daycare though.

I haven't found one around me I liked and i checked them all out when i was looking a couple years ago
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I don't understand your lack of trust for home daycares... I used to work in one, and it was really wonderful. I know home daycares get a bad rap, but they're not all bad places.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• don't trust home care at all you never know what psycho could be doing with your child...thats putting the child in a very bad situation

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My children are in a home daycare. As you can maybe guess by my profile pic, I am a police officer. The lady who does our daycare is the best (lifelong) friend of one of our civilian desk operators who I know and trust. She recommended her friend's daycare when I was looking for a place for my twins to go when I returned to work. Because she has known this woman her whole life and has spent as much time with her as she has with her own family I am reassured that there are no skeletons in the closets of this family. She has 3 children of her own who are all in school. Her husband works for the school board. Her house is literally 5 minutes from where I attend criminal court and I drop in there anytime I want to see how things are going. My children LOVE this woman and her family and don't even cry when we drop them off (they haven't since the first few weeks they started attending there daily), and she loves them.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010