Anyone else have kids with high cholesterol?

My kids have high cholesterol. I didn't think I was feeding them too bad. We use wheat bread, fat free milk, etc. I give them fruits and veggies. We are now seeing a dietitian to help. Writing everything down the kids eat. I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

mommyfox03

Asked by mommyfox03 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are seeing it more and more. It usually comes from processed foods or too much fast food. (But it doesn't sound like your case). They are finding 2 year olds with the cholesterol levels of people who are more commonly 60 years of age. Because of our fast paced life style in this country, we need healthier choices made available to us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• hmmmm....
    you should read the book the cholesterol myth
    they only just started measuring cholesterol in children. they don't have much to compare it to.
    try to eat as many whole foods as possible.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010