Is your toddler having a picky month like mine?

My kids are normally good eaters, but this month both of them have decided they only like about five foods: eggs, cheese, bread, carrots, and apples. Agh! LOL

Since DH is on a graveyard schedule right now, it's just me and the girls eating together...so eggs for breakfast AND dinner? Why not? ;-) haha

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 11:02 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i think its totally normal. some months my daughter loves certain foods and some months she hates something that she previously loved. thats just how they are i guess. lol :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:14 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my son has been picky since the age of 2 and he is now turning 6 soon...slowly he is coming out of his picky little shell. What a friend told me was to look at what he eats during a whole week not just that day...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies! It's nothing new for my kids to be picky (and the pediatrician once told me, "if all she wants to eat is bread, she'll eat enough of it to feed her needs!") but it still gets to me after a while. I can't imagine eating only five foods! LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Dear goodness yes. All she wants to eat right now is oatmeal and Dora fruit snacks and McDonald's and waffles and sweet tarts and cookies. She will not TOUCH veggies that she once could not get enough of. She used to LOVE her "bean beans" (green beans) :) but one day she wouldn't have anything to do with them. The only way I can get veggies in her is the V8 Fusion juices. She loves 'em!!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• BTW she does like blueberries and strawberries & stuff :) I don't only feed her waffles & McDonalds!! :D
    MamaLisa1976

• haha! My son LOVES all fruits and veggies but getting him to eat meat, eggs, cheese, etc is so hard!!!!!! I usually try and hide it in his food somehow, lol.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010