Why are the formula-fed babies more fat than the breastfed babies?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 11:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not always most of the time bf babies are bigger the first 6 mts and then they get skinny. another thing is any baby who is bottle feed formula or breastmilk can gained weigh faster. i have know bf babies who are 20 lbs by 3 mts and formula feed babies who are 12 lbs at 3 mts. its not about formula or breast is about mtabolism.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• there is actually a growth chart for breast fed babies that indicates a lighter weight for breast fed babies in comparison to formula fed babies.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• you're a real idiot and stereotype very much My daughter was FF and was a skinny baby and my son was breast feed and is a big baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• they aren't always...but that seems to be the trend. out of 5 breast fed kids, i do have one chunker of a baby!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Are they? Mine were formula fed and are both tiny!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I adore chunky babies.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• my 2yr old was breastfed and my 2 week old is being breast fed and they are both chunky. As soon as i stopped breastfeeding my 2year old she slimed down almost instantly it seemed
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:09 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My kids were formula fed and were tiny... Sometimes kids are big if there parents over feed, I have seen BF babies that are huge compared to FF. SO it just depends on the amount the parents give and genetics
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I've never met a formula fed baby that was fatter than a breast fed baby. My sister was HUGE when she was being breastfed. I was formula fed because I had to have surgery when I was born, and my mom lost her supply before I could properly eat. I was always thin as a baby. My friends who formula fed had smaller babies or babies the same size as those who were breastfed. I've never seen a noticeable difference out of all the babies I've known in the past 20 years.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• My girl was breastfed (and boy did she love her bee-bees!) and she was in the 95th + percentile in both height and weight since month 2 up until about 2 y/o, when she finally went to 75%. :) Even though she was about even %'s in both height & weight, she was a CHUNKY MONKEY!!! :) I loved her rolls. The doc said she was healthy & not overweight though. I always thought bf babies were chunkier but it's not a bad thing. When they get to running around & more mobile they burn a lot of it off, which is exactly what my girl did. She barely has a hint of her little leg rolls now and I miss them. Good thing I have another one in the belly. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2010