Why do parents choose to do formula and spend more money then they need to do so?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 11:05 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because they choose to and it's none of your freaking business
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am currently breast feeding my 2 weeks old and i as well breast fed my 2 year old. I dont believe in spending unnecessary money, and its much healthier and free. I believe that someone is capable and have no health issues they should go green and breastfeed.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Its not always by choice...
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• What mommy of two said!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Because YOU don't know their situation. Not everyone CAN breastfeed. Yes, most can, but not all. I personally know someone who didn't produce milk or colostrum and had no choice but formula. It devastated her. Plus it freaks some people out to the point where it's not healthy for them to breastfeed. Yes formula costs money, but so do diapers, baby food, clothing, etc. You don't know their situation, and quite frankly, it's no one's business.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Its no ones business, its their money to waste if you call feeding a baby waste.

As it so happens I made the choice not to breast feed & I guess "wasted" money & I don't REGRET it one bit.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:20 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why must everyone be all huffy? Can she not be curious and ask?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Because that's what works for their family! End of story.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• why do u care? i mean its it your paycheck besides there is other ways to get formula. i formula feed dd. trust me it wasnt by choice. i got formula from wic and my sister. its what works for them not what works for you. yes in a perfect world all moms whould bf, but also in a perfect world you would learn to mind your own damm buisness. by the way am also a breastfeeding mom to my son.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The question should have been: Why do parents choose to do formula and spend more money when they don't need to do so? I didn't intend to say that feeding a baby is wasting money.

Svetlana98usa

Comment by Svetlana98usa (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010