csection sex?

is sex painful for the first time after a csection? i just gave birth 2 weeks ago via csection and im scared that after my 6week checkup it will hurt to have sex? how true is this?

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 11:22 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Health

• of course every woman is different, but the first time i had post c-section lovin', it was rather uncomfortable because it had been so long. also, if you're breastfeeding, your body isn't really working as hard to make your natural lubrication like it was before, so that could come into play for discomfort. either way, just take it easy and if something doesn't feel right or hurt, tell him to stop immediately and let your doctor know!
    aydensXmommy

Answer by aydensXmommy at 12:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Couple things may factor. Obviously you have been a while without sex. Your hormones are out of whack so you may not be as wet as normal, and sometimes, despite having an intact vagina from not having a vaginal delivery, the uterine scar pulls the cervix upward a little bit. It will all come back to normal, but just remember you did have major reproductive surgery.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I gave birth via c section,but I didnt and havent had sex since then So I wouldnt really know,I guess just ask your doctor and wait til you feel fully healed.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Just take it nice and slow and make sure you have plenty of lube!

Good luck momma!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It really depends...I felt a little tender after both my 6-week checkups (both c-sections), but it was nothing too bad. My incision was basically fine, and "down there" just felt a little raw and tender from not being used in a while! LOL. But it really was not bad either time.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:26 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i doesnt hurt ur tummy just feels a lil numb still after my c section i had sex after 5 weeks just nothing to stranious
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2010