Ever ask or answer a question on CM and get jumped on?

Do you think its okay for women to be rude just because they disagree with someones answer? Is it okay to get into comment wars due to someone degrading another mom? Are you setting yourself up to be judged when you asked a question, so its ok? Or do you need to preface your questions asking for rude comments to be left out?
I know I have been angry at some people on here. Sometimes its not even aimed at me, a few times I have stood up for other moms being bashed for simply asking a question or answering one...
What about you? Whatcha think?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I've been jumped on for asking, I have defended another mom because she was jumped on. I think we shouldn't have to worry about getting jumped on for asking a question, nor, jumped on for our comments unless they are mean for no reason.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• it's happened to me but i see it as part of being here. the good happen to outweigh the bad though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I see that. If I say something that doesn't agree with certain mom's on here they have to make a point to "correct" me, and they go straight for the thumbs down thing. Just childish. Someone asked what we thought about the Duggars today, and I told them how I felt. Wasn't rude, but I wasn't all gaga for the duggars like the rest of the posters were, so I got booed and "corrected" about what wonderful people they are. So did the other women that weren't thrilled with the show. Really? Do you think it will change the way I feel? Honestly? Until I meet them without cameras I'm entitled to be a skeptic.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• You are talking about me and I said they had a TON of kids before the show started so I imagine they would have had a ton more without it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• lol the duggars...lol I dont like em or dislike em. The show is very take it or leave it. I dont like the new thumbs up or down buttons. And I dont like going into a comment thread and as you said being corrected. I agree, they wont change my opinion. Sometimes I have learned things though but those times, the women werent rude or angry. They answered and then just threw in that they dont agree with my thoughts, gave a reason and then said "but everyone has a different feeling on things" which for me, lets me know that they werent being pissy, they just didnt agree but knew I didnt have to agree...
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• sure, I think that has happened to all of us at one time or another. After awhile you just shake it off and go on to the next question. Or your next question, its addicting that way,,lol,:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• No wonder why so many people post anon. They aren't all bad. A lot of them get tired of being followed around by the same people who constantly need to argue with everything they say because they don't agree with their beliefs and it pissed them off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yeah..I refuse to post ANON...people follow me around as ANONs all day and Cyber Stalk me..and sometimes, they do it in plain sight. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:57 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• THIS IS THE WORST PART OF CM! you go to fellow mothers for support and to free your worries... and wham!!! snotty comments--not fair not right and completely opposite of the point of the forum. if you cant give honest, supportive advice or atleast respond in good will then shut the heck up.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh-- about the duggars? ewwwwww.... is it like laying an egg at this point? not saying it's not their right but i sure dont agree with it on any level for myself or most of the people i know
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010