So, if everyone should breastfeed, and formula is bad, should they hire wet nurses for orphanages, and a moms should take meds to lactate?

Seriously. The BF versus Formula thing is getting old. How far should we take this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a BF mama and the thought of wet nurses honestly grosses me out... but hey, in this economy, we could use the jobs!!! (ba-dum, chhhhh!!) Anyone!!? Is this thing on?? Heyyyyyy! I'll be here all week!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I think all that matters is the baby is fed nutritiously.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• BF is not just about nutrition. Its about the convenience, the bond, and constant availability, and inexpensiveness. In an orphanage situation formula would be the most convenient and logical. Was this a serious question?

Why is there a BF vs formula problem? There are certain factors where either one could be the better choice in different situations.
    ksanders

Answer by ksanders at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I'm a BF mama and I don't care who does what. I agree with tryin2BGOOD - if baby's needs are met what's the big uproar?
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Oh, the people who attempt to alienate others for their choices are the victim now? If you don't like the question, and it doesn't pertain to you, move on! Or just answer the question like everyone else. No one's bashing. Just tired of the fight.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Why does every post where a mom wants to know why people don't BF get bashed? Why not just skip it?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I never said they were the victims...geeze, but, if I asked why in the world would anyone want to breastfeed? And there was a retaliation post like this, you all would come whine on it. Same thing. Let them ask and and don't worry what they post.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:51 PM on Sep. 21, 2010