do u believe in god, heaven and hell...after life? im not sure what do belive anymore...so many questions

i was raised to believe in god..but if there is one..how come he doesnt answere my prayers? how come he would make such good people who believes in him die such painful deaths?

LauraAnn22

Asked by LauraAnn22 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised by the Bible myself, and I do believe I have a relationship with God. But when it comes to religion, I can't meet eye to eye. I can't find that balance. It bothers me sometimes, but I won't stop searching. I know God is there with me. But that's about all I have right now! I feel ya!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• All decisions we make, ( free will), play a part in our deaths. Most of the time! And besides who'd like to be controlled like a robot anyway's?
    I believe in I decide to do something and when I die I will then find out what happens next. I am not afraid of what happens after. But no I don't believe in hell.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• I am agnostic, basically means there is a possibility of god, spirits, souls, etc. But I do not know, and cannot believe this was, just because that is the way my brain functions. I have tried to force myself to believe, I grew up in church, and it never stuck. I say connect with yourself and eventually you will have your enlightened moment. JMO
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i went to church from the time i was 4 until i was 17.. i believe there is a God and that there is heaven and hell, but there is so much that went on in the bible i am just not sure i believe. lately i have really been questions God though there has been soo much bad going on that i dont understand why God would make people suffer so bad. a friend of mine has a 3 year daughter who has leukemia, my ex boyfriend just died a month ago at the age of 24, and a few other things have gone on i just find it hard to believe some times that there is a higher power out there.
    kayhay

Answer by kayhay at 12:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Absolutely I believe in God. He is all around us. The earth was not created hap hazardly. We give off CO2 and plants give off oxygen. there was a plan. Concerning prayers, he listens, sometimes his answer is no. Sometimes it is hard to find an answer because we don't listen. His answer is like a slight breeze, a whisper. The holy spirit lives within each of us, and with practice listening it will guide us. God has spoken to me in 2 separate homilies at church. Some weeks, I think he must be speaking to others during the homily. Concerning painful deaths, yes we have free will, and can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He can only guide us, we have to follow. A favorite example is the answer to the question where was God on 9/11? He was holding the buildings up for as long as possible so many got out. he made people late for work, etc. Just think how full those buildings should have been, and they weren't. God Bless
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The simple answer is, There is no god, no heaven, no hell, and no afterlife. This life is it. It's all you've got, so make the most of it while you can.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• 1st of all God doesn't necessarily make people die... The few reasons people die are from disease or bad choices.
    Disease and bad choices never come from God.
    2ndly... God hears every prayer however what He says in return may not be what we want to hear but what we NEED to hear. How we pray, how much we believe in what we are praying for also makes a difference.

I find that just because God does not answer the way we want is not a reason to disbelieve Him. We often forget that He sees the whole picture and we see a part of it. I know because I have been experiencing things in which I hoped would turn out one way but is going another way and God showed me in my heart a few things and now I understand but at the beginning I was way too upset to see through the fog of emotional pain. I finally can walk in healing and that is glorious! God loves us soooo much and knows we don't understand but does ask us to trust Him!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes I do believe in God, Heaven and Hell. I believe in eternal life.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe in a God and Goddess, in a balance. I dont believe in the Christian version of heaven/hell. I believe there is a place of rest before we are reborn into another life but that hell is basically just here on earth and the bad stuff that we go through to learn whatever it is we are supposed to or need to.

I dont believe the Divine gets involved in our doings and I dont believe they answer prayers. I believe they help us by giving us strength to endure whatever comes our way because its our life and our lessons, good or bad. We can draw comfort and strength from them or the thought of them but they dont actually get involved. Wouldnt do us any good to have someone else intercede everytime something bad happens.

This is life...bad things happen to good people, just how it is. Cant know good if you dont know bad, cant know pleasure if you dont know pain, etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes, I believe.

I've found that prayer seams to be one of those lessons that fall under the category of "My people perish for lack of knowledge". There actually is a correct way to pray. God brought me through a time period of four years to teach me how to pray and my prayers are usually answered surprisingly quickly.

I believe that death is still one of the hardest things to understand. I've heard that when you die you feel all of the pain that you caused others while you were alive. This much I know is true, NO ONE gets away with anything.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010