Question for experienced moms

My dd is 13 months now and she has been having trouble sleeping the last few days. She is not sick but only takes her nap for like 20 min then she is up and bursting with energy. I out her down to sleep now and she just cries hysterically when i put her down, but when i pick her up she is fine. I dont like listening to her cry, but i need her to go to sleep! What should i do?!!!

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my SO works overnight so i co sleep with my son. he loves to sleep with me, but when my SO has his night off, we cant all fit in the bed, so i put him to sleep in the bed with me and then softly as possible, pick him up and move him to his crib.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She sounds like she just finished a growth spurt or just entered into a new stage. Just hang in there. Is she cranky when she is awake or teething? When she is awake do your best to give her tons of activity...talking to her, going outside to play, let her see everything and touch if she wants to...especially different textures, read stories. Hopefully it will be enough to wear her out. Just remember that it does not last forever and eventually they do actually begin to sleep 8-10 hours non-stop at night. Count to ten breath deep and enjoy this priceless age. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would suggest more playtime..possibly more "mommy & me" time..just u and your child playing for an 1hr or so past the normal naptime & maybe your toddler may nod off a bit faster then you expected..Hope this helps:)..Good luck & relax
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

Lovelymee23

• Make the nap early in the morning or at noon time. You might be sabatoging her sleep at night.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010