Why are MIL so oblivious?

why is it that MIL are such B&$#? I mean I KNOW that they have been in our positions before so why do they do the sh*& they do, say the things they say, and act like they are all so innocent when YOU confront them? They need to realize if they didnt appreciate their MIL meddling when their kids were younger what makes them think that we, the daughter in laws, would feel any different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I know how you feel. I don't exactly have a monster-in-law but she can be pretty bad. And The Hubbs has told me stories about how his Grandma was to her. So why do it to someone else? I'd like to think that when my children get married I'll be much better behaved. We will all be MILs someday.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Because half of them have forgotten or they just don't care! My MIL is great but we have had our defrences. It is my FIL I am having problems with. My MIL knows when I say something to my 4 year old she listens or can't do things with her my FIL is totally different. My husband has had to learn to get a back bone to his mom and dad! So if she starts her **** either stand up to her and tell her how you feel or just take you and your child out of the situation until she changes and knows your serious! GOOD LUCK though!!!!!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• LOL I so know how you feel. I wish I knew the answer.
    rachl79

Answer by rachl79 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My MIL is a cock knocking heiffer and if she croaked tonight, I'd be secretly very happy!!! I wish they'd get lives of their own and leave us alone!! I feel your pain.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I actualy like my MIL. we are on the same side thinking her son is a low down dirty good for nothing dead beat dad.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• My MIL needs to get laid. Maybe that way she wouldn't be so involved in my relationship with her son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• In defense of MIL, maybe she doesn't like you for good reasons (her own) You cannot make her like you. She gave birth to her child and not you, therefore she may feel that she owes you NOTHING. Then on that same hand, the way you feel about her, is the same way she feels about you...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• o trust when i say that she does not have to like me. thats not my issue. i have my mother n dont need another hun, sooo u can keep your nasty comments to yourself!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2008