Pee smell in carpet

Is there anyway to get dog and kid pee smell out of the carpet? Besides a carpet cleaner.

Apple_Pie2010

Asked by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Not that I know of, we use Woolite pet stain remover.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OH I got some really good stuff. Do you have a carpet cleaner? I know you said besides a carpet cleaner. It is this stuff called fresh and clean it is a spray that you use on the spot. My daughter said it makes the room smell good. The stuff has baking soda in it.
    the other stuff I have used in the past was "get serious"
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't know. I'd put something on the spot if I could find it! I think at my place it won't end until I replace the carpet. Previous owners had five dogs.....can't smell that when you view the home in the middle of winter with the heater shut off and it's 12 degrees inside!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Out! It's available in the pet care aisle. You can try baking soda but I think Out! is the better choice
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've tried a product I found at Target called Kids and Pets. It's very good. You just pour it over the smelly spot and supposedly the enzymes break down the odor causing proteins. Makes sense to me, but I've not tried it on animal pee, only kids, which is a lot less smelly. It worked!
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 8:59 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• check you local pet stores and ask them i found some that it took two times and it was gone , its an enzyme destroyer and they sell it in you local pet stores and you can get cat smell out of plastic with this too..
    KinshipCounts2

Answer by KinshipCounts2 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nature's Miracle or another enzyme type cleaner found in the pet section.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010