Did you ever go out with an alcoholic?

I did, twice! It was so sad to watch a man go downhill

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I was married to one. Worst 10 years of my life. Thank god I finally got the strength to leave & the the knowledge to realize that you can't fix them. The only person who can help an alcoholic is themselves. If they are willing to accept help, fine, but you can't make someone do it.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, but I did help one find an AA meeting and I even picked him up and dropped him off until he made friends to help him. But I also found him a job too.
    I write this because everyone can be helped.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• no but my sister has been off and on with one for a few years now. it's sad. not even almost dieing of liver failure was enough to make him stop drinking.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• HELL NO...i could not deal with the drama and u got my kids...never would i put myself or my kids mainly around that...and plus my mother would skin me alive...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i was with an ex alcoholic he was emotionally cold and rude towards my daughter, i made him get his shit and walk home. never looked back never will. its a choice and i don't feel bad for them
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Once. And when he decided that he was going to get mad at me for something really simple and petty that he shouldn't have gotten mad about and pulled back to hit me, but didn't because someone walked in, I walked away. Haven't looked back since.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It is so hard to understand why someone needs to drink that much... what pain in their life they are trying to bury... dated one once could not handle it!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 10:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes , it was hell will never put up with 1 again
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My dad was an alcholic so I knew from the beginning I could not be with someone like that.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes. He would be passed out before 9pm and pee in the bed alot. I would rather date any kind of man other than an alcoholic. They are nasty and really change personality.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010