Labor stories!!!!!

Ladies Im due in 6 weeks, and its my first.. I want to hear labor stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:39 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to www.cafemom.com/group/1540 and read our section titled "Successful VBACs"
    There are dozens of great stories there.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I dont think there is enough room! LOL here i go: #1...i was having contractions for days, but they werent getting stronger. On 4th day I was in so much pain my dr called me in a perscribtion...we order a pizza and picked it up. When I get home I had to pee really bad, so I sat on the toliet had a contraction and peed after...there was blood!! I mean the toliet was full of blood and all over my tp. NO ONE told me I would start bleeding, So we rush to the hospital get admitted I get my epi and everything is peachy. I delivered that night after midnight.
    My 2nd. I wrote a blog before i went to bed about how I was so sad I would be pregnant for xmas but it didnt seem like it would happen any time soon. In the wee hours of the morning my SO wakes me up asking...did you have a contraction because i just heard you moaning. I had another one. I went to the hospital about 3hours later delivered xmas eve afternoon.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• With my first...induced at 36 weeks with severe preclamsia...it took 3 days of putting that stuff up in me before my cervix would thin out, then they broke my water and started pitocin. Once I finally got to 10cm, I pushed for almost 5 hours and finally had an emergency c-section...they ended up putting me to sleep because when they cut me I still wasn't numb...isn't that nice? lol But it was all worth it to meet my baby boy!!!!

With my second....My water broke 13 hours before my scheduled c-section. So we had to drive in a severe storm to the hospital and I was dilated to 7 by the time I got there, she still wasn't moving down any so we went ahead with the c-section. It was much smoother than the first labor :)

Most people's aren't that bad, but of course all the difficult things have to happen to me~! :) But like I said before It is definitely worth it!!
    Kristin2008

Answer by Kristin2008 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I began having contractions on a Sunday morning while at church. I knew I was having contractions because my stomach would get tight all over, but it wasn't painful. I wasn't sure if it was Braxton Hicks or not. The only reason why I could tell the difference is because my husband began timing them and they were very regular and began to get closer together. Anyway, i never had any pain; not the severity that I was expecting anyway. We went to the grocery store after church, and to Subway for lunch. We got home and did last minute chores around the house. I stayed home until my contractions were 4-5 mins apart. I sat on my exercise ball and did my breathing, all at home. My husband was nervous and ready to get to the hospital by that time. He was so funny. We got to the hospital at about 4:30 that Sunday afternoon and I was already dilated 8 cm. At 9:00 I began pushing; still not having a lot of pain. (Cont)
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 4:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• (Cont) I didn't have any pain meds. I would have easily had my son if my pelvis had not been too narrow. I ended up needing a c-section. That sucks doesn't it after such an easy labor? But I hope your labor is as easy and that you do need a c-section. Not that the c-section was bad; don't want to scare you. Just that the recovery timeis longer than a vaginal birth. Good luck to you.
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 4:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was induced at 17 days past my EDD. I didn't want an induction because I know the contractions are more intense and complications are more likely. But all in all I had a good labor and delivery. The cervidil was inserted to soften my cervix at 10pm. The next morning at 7 they started the pitocin. I was 1cm dilated, 80% effaced. At 9am there was no change and they wanted to break my water and put an internal monitor on the inside of my uterus and on the baby's head (they thought maybe he was in distress). This really really hurt at only 1cm dilated, so I wanted the epidural! They told me I couldn't have it till 4cm. They checked me again at 10am. I was only 2cm, but they let me go ahead and get the epi...I think they thought I was going to wind up with a c-section anyway. At 11am I was at 4cm. By 11:30 I felt like the the epi wasn't working anymore, I was feeling a lot of pressure and pain! So they topped the epi off. Cont.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• At 12 I still didn't think it was working, I was hurting badly! The nurse told me I just had to pee so she gave me a catheter. Then she checked me and I was fully dilated! I had to wait 20+ minutes for the doctor to get there so I could push...he had gone home because there were NO other laboring women that day! Pushing was easy for me. I could still feel my contractions, though my legs and vagina were numb, so I just squeezed with my belly as hard as I could. I pushed 3 times, and my son was born at 12:39pm! I got to hold my son for a minute, then delivered the placenta while they cleaned him and got his stats. 7lbs7oz, 22.5 in. Head full of black hair! I had a slight tear, and while my doctor was stitching it up I told him, "That wasn't so bad!" I was insanely sore for 2-3 weeks from the hemorrhoids I got from pushing. After a rough start using a nipple shield for flat nipples I was able to nurse for a year!

Good luck!
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010