Do any of you suffer from terrible anxiety and panic attacks? How do you deal with them?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 12:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• I have anxiety disorder and depression. I have been on meds for the depression, and it helps my anxiety too. I have tried a few different anti-anxiety drugs but didn't get good results. But everyone is different and meds affect everyone differently so if you decide to try meds, don't listen to what anyone says, lol. Therapy has also given me lots of good copig skills, and I have read a lot and continue to work hard at keeping my stress level down. I haven't had a panic attack in quite a while. Though after my sons birth I think the first 2 months were one big panic attack, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have suffered from anxiety for years. In the past, I've also had panic attacks. I went to counseling due to extreme stress and anxiety and have taken Xanax when needed. I think I waited too long to get some help but have been so much better. You have to try different things to find what will work for you.
    AzAngie

Answer by AzAngie at 12:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i have anxiety and panic attacks, and trust me i know how hard they are to deal with...i have to put my daughter to bedand then i will be back to give you a more indepth answer...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thank you Mama!
    thismamacooks

Comment by thismamacooks (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i'm on abilify and probably need others to help with my panic attacks. i hate feeling like a zombie
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've had some but they are rare. I just start praying for it to go away and it does.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Meds but I am preggo so I just stay home. When I am not preggo I hope to find something that I can take while preggo or else I have to wait some more. I usually go to counseling also. I have been slacking on that also.

Counseling and med combo will help with this issue. Just have to find the right meds that work for you.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010