Why are some DAD's less invovled in their child's life?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some just don't think it is important, some think it's not there responsibility, some have a trick that don't let them be by there child or make them chose and them being so weak pick her over there blood, some just don't care...the is the million dollar question...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• several reasons. some of which being they may not feel connected or if they are providing financially they may feel they don't have to do anything else.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It depends on a lot of factors in my opinion. Is he the main breadwinner with a stay at home wife? Are the children boys or girls? What kind of upbringing did he have? Is he a an older father/younger father? What is the father's/family's ethnic background? Does the mother leave nothing for him to do for his kids by doing it all herself?

My husband and I have 2 year old twins(one girl one boy). He is a big part of their lives and will continue to be because I work shifts and am not here some nights to make and serve dinner and put them to bed. They are comfortable with either of us doing what they need done to feel content and hopefully will stay that way.
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 1:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my husband is not a big part of my girls lives because he started treating them differently
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 4:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2010