I'm being so cruel

My 9 months old gets up whenever he has to pee at night(I think),he needs his milk bottle to sleep again.last night he woke up around 6-7 times for feed.I was so irritated with his behaviour.I know that he is just a baby & he doesn't understands that I have to go to work in the morning( 8am-5pm).I was so pisses up that I spanked him twice.I'm really ashamed of what i did but i was too tired & he has not been sleeping properly(i.e. waking up many times) for last one week.I really feel miserable as I have continuous headache perhaps b'coz of less sleep for the last 2-3 days.I just don't know what to do so that he can forgive me. I really want to apologize

A11

Asked by A11 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Last night he drank around 910 oz of milk.I mean it,thou'i fed him his oats porridge before putting him to sleep
    A11

Comment by A11 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well just dnt do it again, i once spanked my baby when he was a couple months old, i had no help , i workes 12hr shifts so my mornings started off at 4-5am, till this day i remember spanking him, but just never did it again, i felt terrible though but u are a good mom n try not to feel bad about it, its not right but yes it does happen sometimes.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you are not a bad mother, if you were you would not feel so bad about it. however, some people may say what i did wasnt much better. when my baby was about that age () he was waking up one time, at the same time every single day, when i asked his dr (according to the book he should have been sleeping through the night) he told me that my son was perfectly capable of sleeping through the night as long as i fed him right before bedtime and he wasnt feeling bad. so i started keeping his door shut, i just recently started opening his door back up on my way to bed (got rid of his dad and his drinking/partying problem) and at 19 months im proud to say i dont even know the last time i had to get up with him, and we just switched to a toddler be about a week ago
    nessamarie

Answer by nessamarie at 1:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• PLEASE see your doc for something for the headache. And right now you don't need baby to forgive you; babies don't have that concept anyway. What you will need is to rebuild baby's trust and the best way to do that is to NOT do that again. Internalize what you're feeling and remember it, as a deterrent from repeats.

YOU need to forgive yourself... and yes, that's going to be hard. From your profile, Dad is in the picture. So time for your wonderful man to do some stepping up and taking nighttime duty. And chores, too... YOU are not to do anything not strictly needed for survival for the next few days. Dead serious here! If not doing a thing means someone DIES, then you do it. Otherwise, LET IT GO!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010