Anyone know of any home made toys for cats?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• OMG I never buy cat toys because they don't like them near as well as what you have around the house!!! Here are some of my cat's faves: an empty toliet paper roll, an empty paper towel roll, pipe cleaners, coke bottle caps(plastic), ping pong balls, shoestrings, wadded up paper, an empty water bottle hanging from a door by string with about 2 tablespoons of clean cat liter is her #1. She smacks it all day!!!! They also love yarn.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• One of my cats was just playing with a plastic drinking straw she found. Crumpled up paper balls are good, so are paper grocery bags left open. Cardboard boxes, twist ties, hair ties, small stuffed animals stolen from the kids room, pens, you name it. I have 4 cats and they are always finding something to play with whether I like it or not!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• In addition to the many things others have mentioned, the best cat toy we've had is a waistband that cam out of a pair of sweatpants that was a piece of elastic with non-stretch cord on the ends. One cat would take it with her wherever she went, and just lie on the floor and beat it up. I think the combination of stretch and non-stretch made it more interesting than just a piece of string.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This isn't homemade, but you might have some around the house - my cat loves plastic easter eggs.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Used to ball up a piece of paper and tie a long string around it till my son's cat almost swallowed the end of the string--needless to say I stopped doing that!! Just the ball of paper works. Paper bags are always fun for them
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ivy102381

Answer by ivy102381 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i made ball with bell in middle ,there are patterns for making mouse
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my cat likes feet
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010