Is it bad to take time for yourself when the house work isn't done? adult content

Sometimes I just want to sit and not do anything. Is that ok to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• idk if its ok or not but i do it, i sit down for a few hours and the finish what i need to
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do it. I mean my house isn't a health hazard or anything but I could definitely be scrubbing the floor right now. I just don't care about that right now. I like my me time and I don't care what anybody has to say about it:) Enjoy doing nothing, i am!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh crap why would you think it is not ok? I do nothing all the time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If it's bad, then I am a very, very bad girl.

There is no end to the housework. I could spend every waking moment cleaning and would never be done. So I choose to spend most of my time doing housework and caring for my family, and a little of my time for me. Mama's sanity is very important.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• sometimes you have too..I prefer get it done first but that doesn't always happen and I know I should be cleaning but I need a break!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If it's bad, I shoulda been locked up a loooong time ago!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Are you seeking validation from us? You are adult...do what you want to do and don't feel guilty about it! From 7:30pm (the time my dd goes to bed) until 1am, I do absolutely do nothing. I don't care how the house looks.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:32 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• there's nothing wrong with it IMO. you need time for your self, in order to keep your sanity some times lol. If you never did anything until the house work was done, you would literally never do anything else because it can be never ending. :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:39 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Lol. I feel the same, then I think would it be bad if hubby took a little time out from work to go fishing? Im afraid it's not easy running a household but it's gotta be done.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 2:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• no that means your human, everyone needs a break sometime and even though the house work isnt done at that particular moment who cares whats more important is your low stress level and you can take care of the housework at another time
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010