I KNOW I AM STRANGE BUT HELP ME OUT HERE?

I just found out that I have a serious problem. Heart health is my issue. So my dietary situation has changed emmecely. I can no longer eat any bread, any sugar, any, fat (all low fat everything), peas, carrots, cranberries. Nothing fried, or sweet, no more pumpkin pancakes.
To my point. I changed my diet on a dime. I turned it around and am no longer even feeling like those foods are important to me. I think of them as poisin.
Can you turn your brain off to things? This is honestly the easiest thing I have ever done. Every one tells me how hard it is. But seriously I turned the switch off, those foods hold no power over me. I want to live. Those food items do not taste as good as being healthy for life feels.
So can you turn the switch off. ?? Can you move on or do you feel like stuff has a hold on you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes/no
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 4:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i guess some can and some can't . good for you:)
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 4:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hmmm I really don't know.   I had a situation a couple of years ago where my doctor thought I had Celiac disease because my blood tested positive so I had to have a biopsy which turned out to be negative.  Whew! 

I've been a picky eater my whole life.  The list of approved foods that I will eat is very limited.  If I had to cut gluten out of my diet that would eliminate over 50% of that list.  I would starve to death!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not easy for me! I tried the South Beach Diet for two weeks, thought I was gonna go crazy..guess you just want it bad enough for the sake of your health...good luck to you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes I can, and I have. The sight of certain foods that I used to eat all the time make me nauseous. :)
    lysa7lou0507

Answer by lysa7lou0507 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010