How to help my 9 months to eat well ?

She loved solid before she turned 9 months. Now food is a stress to me and her. I try to calm down and be positive but do get concerned at times.
She has almost weaned BF. 1-2 in sleep she does. Bottlefeeding is chanllenge, wverytime I have to divert her with something and rarely she would take 1-2 more than without any divertion. Solid --- can not even tell , hwo challenging it is becoming. Now she would hold my hand and not let me feed, although she would pick and eat some fro her table- but not satisfactory amount and quality. I have to sneak in very cleverly and soon she has strated realizing what we are upto and she gets cranky.. :( .... Worst thing I am joing back full time and I am concerned if Nanny woudl be able to keep up. My daughter is already on 7 %ile. Although I was also not big when young - so doc is not concerned...But I am really sad about her food tantrums...Please advise some nice idea to help me...

AshitaMamma

Asked by AshitaMamma at 1:24 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is in the 5th percentile for weight and height, and I was VERY VERY stressed out about his eating also. There is a group here called Moms of Underweight Children and they have lots of great information there. If your doc is not concerned, then please try to relax a little mama, and enjoy your daughter. I noticed that my son picked up on my stress, and he ate much better for me when I was relaxed. Also, he eats MUCH better for my husband, my mom, and my babysitter than he does for me. I think it's partly because I have breastmilk and he knows it. I would be willing to bet that your Nanny will be able to get your daughter to eat better than you can!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• First... breastmilk or formula is still her primary nutrition and will be till the first birthday. The liquid diet has ALL she needs; she could do without the solids entirely. Also be aware that solids lead to LESS gain; they don't have as many calories.

Do offer good fats like avocado; skip things like cereal. Don't sweat the solids though.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010