is this norma behaviour?

my 8 months old baby girl used to sleep at about 10pm, now for the past 5-6 days, she has developed a completly new thing, she refuses to sleep, as soon as i put her in her crib, she wants to stand up in her crib ( a new thing she recently learned). she will fuss, cry roll and be very sleepy but as soon as i take her to her crib, she is ready to stand up and play. she has now been up untill past midnight! this makes me so tired, i dont know what it is we are doing wrong. any tips, we do have a routine for her, its dinner, bath, pyjmas and bedtime.. but that seems not to work anymore. am afraid she will adopt this behaviour and keeep it for long.

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you saying that she just figured outhow to stand up? if so, she is probably acting tired because she is, but she knows her crib means it's really bedtime and she wants to practice her new skill some more...it should cease in a few days. babies are just too excited to practice new skills and can't be bothered by sleep :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• lol, you are so right.. we ve noticed since she figured out standing, thats all she wants to do all the time, today she actually grabed my friend nose trying to stand up.. so adorable my little muffin:-))
    ashley387

Comment by ashley387 (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010