potty training and daycare

my son is 19 months old and we just started potty training last wed. and kept him out of day care cause i knew they wouldnt have time in the toddler room to pay constant attention to him. I would say wed the whole idea of potty training "clicked" cause thats when he started getting way excited every time he pees and will strain to just get a few drops out so i will be excited for him. now he pees on the potty every single time i put him on the potty unless he just had an accident which is few and far between when i have him (maybe twice a day). his dad tells me when he asks if he needs to go he runs to the bathroom, for his aunt he will either just go by himself or tell her potty, and for me he'll get fidgetty and whiny. well friday she tells me she didnt take him because he didnt ask to go. and today they took him one time 15 minutes after they had just gotten done taking him to the bathroom.

nessamarie

Asked by nessamarie at 1:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• anyhow supposedly tomorrow he is supposed to be moved into the 2 year old class, in hopes that if nothing else he will learn with the 2 year olds that are being trained in there right now (and possibly help with speach to); but i dont know if maybe it will be better to find a sitter who can spend one on one time with him at least for a couple weeks or so till he gets it down and then try the day care thing again??

nessamarie

Comment by nessamarie (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010