how do u vote?

ok, i am 31 years old, and i have NEVER voted, i dont know wht to do or how to do it, can sumone fill me in, also with the upcoming election i am not sure who to vote for and while i kno its important to vote wht if i cant make up my mind, should i still vote for sum 1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• voting is very simple.take your voter registration card and i.d. with you.they give you the ballot, and you go to an empty booth, read all the questions/propositions carefully, and make your mark..dark! if you don't understand where to mark your vote, don't hesitate to ask someone.
    hope you are registered. in many states, its too late to vote in the pres election. some you may still have time to register.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• First of all, you have to be registered to vote. If you're not, the voter registration period already ended for being able to register and vote in the presidential election this year. Second, once you are registered, you would go to your specific polling location (which you would know when you are registered) on election day and vote OR you can vote by absentee ballot, which you get in the mail and then return by mail.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• In Arizona you can register to vote on the same website that you pay for your car tags. I'm not sure if you have time now to get registered in time to vote in this election. Google register to vote + your city name. That should bring up a link to register.

I also somehow signed myself up for an absentee ballot. So I get my ballot sent to me in the mail for all elections. Which is nice, dont' have to go anywhere. I can vote in my house. I actually voted at work wth a guy that I work with, we read through the props together to help each other figure out what the lingo meant. He and I voted the same on everything, we agreed on it all. So he ended up writing down each prop number and yes or no, like his own cheat sheet to take with him to the polls. Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Not sure where you are but in California it's not to late to register.. tomorrow is the last day. Contact your local elections office to see if you can still register. Then look online at the candidates websites to see what there positions are and decide which one most closely matches with your values, beliefs, etc.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i am already registered, have been since i was 18, just never voted b4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2008