How much discipline is APPROPIATE from a stepfather to a stepson?

I do consider that my son needs to respect my man as much as my man needs to respect my son. I feel that bottomline he is not the father and I think that my son needs to respect my partner, wether it's him or someone else. I do think that my son can be stubborn at times but what 4yr old isn't, then again I do not want to minimize my partner's authority. I feel like a referee! But how to deal with the battles without letting my man get too far and without teaching my son not to respect my partner.

mary_jane_213

Asked by mary_jane_213 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My fiance has been raising my son since he was 18months my baby is now 4yrs old so he sees him as his daddy,he has a biological deadbeat dad, one thing that i have always told my fiance is of course to disipline my son whenever & only when needed too, i want my son to respect him not fear him, if you sence that maybe he is fearing him then there might be a problem.thats what i tell my fiance, now w/my son yes at times he comes up to me crying because daddy got after him, if i know my son did somethig wrong then i tell him what did your daddy say or u should of listened to your father, but when i see its for no reason i put my df aside n bring it to his attention.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If you want him to be a father figure then you need to let him father your child. You, your man & ex need to sit down & agree on a plan of discipline.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2010