Anybody measure big?

I'm 29 weeks measuring 31. I know it's not that much of a difference, and my doc said i measured fine. but just wondering if anyone else is... do you think this means my baby will be "big"

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 2:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My son always measured normal, and he was born at 25th percentile. It's just a guess, I wouldn't read too much into it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I measured a little big the 1st time but it was because I had so much fluid and a large uturus. I gained what I was supposed to and baby weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. You'll be fine!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• All my pregnancies I measured big and I had over 10lb babies. I also always have high amount of amniotic fluid which is normal for having big babies. I am at 34 weeks and measuring 37 weeks and baby is already 7lbs. Measurements are just estimates not 100% accurate. This is my experience and not the norm. You may or may not have a bigger baby. Your doctor will most likely keep an eye on the size of baby as you get closer. Just remember it is just estimates and it can be off by a pound give or take.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I measured 5 weeks ahead. They told me he would be over 10lb. He was 8lb 8oz at 39 weeks. Nowhere near 10ln..lol..I just had alot of amniotic fluid. Take it with a grain of salt.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• okay thanks everyone :) to be honest i'm afraid of having a "big" baby. i mean like nine pounds. just scares me a little... i know goofy rite lol.
    young-not-dumb

Comment by young-not-dumb (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I measured two weeks ahead throughout my entire pregnancy, with both pregnancies. My first son was 8 lbs even, and my second son was 8 lbs 10.7 oz. My pelvis was too narrow and I couldn't have either of them vaginally. But then I have a friend who gave birth to her 10 lb daughter with no problems. Don't be scared because whatever will be, will be. You will be just fine. Good luck, and congratulations.
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 3:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010