How do u

deal with oily skin.My skin is excessively oily.Every time it seems as if I have smeared oil on my face.It really makes me feel miserable,tho'I am quite attractive and good looking otherwise

A11

Asked by A11 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Sometimes if you are washing your face too often it will produce more oil. Twice a day should be it. If you have acne at all I would suggest benzol peroxide. It could be a number of things. Make sure your makeup is oil free. The same with your moisturizer. You may want to skip moisturizer on some days.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:15 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Have you ever tried the proactive products that are always being advertised on t.v.? I tried it after I stopped taking birth control because my skin became very oily and just terrible from the hormone changes. It really did work and one of the products is an oil reducing lotion.
    It helped me.
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 12:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wash my face twice a day and use a powder foundation. I recommend Bare Minerals... it seems to absorb the excess oil on my face which is nice because it has a tendency to get in my eyes which stings like heck.
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I use cetaphil, the generic (Walmart brand) and it's pretty good.
    Altotwo

Answer by Altotwo at 7:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• blotting papers from clean and clear.
    mna_823

Answer by mna_823 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I've been dealing with this since I was twelve and the best solution I have found is Mary Kay's Timewise Miracle Set for combo/oily. I usually follow up with the Oil Mattifier if I'm going somewhere that I know I might need extra help to stop the grease (especially if I'm having my picture taken!) I also keep Beauty Blotters tissues in my purse in case of an oil spill! =D

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010