I'm tired! Anything I can use to gain some energy?

I'm tired. I can only do things in short spurts. I know part of it is oxygen that I'm one 24/7. But there's got to be something that I can do, even if I am in a wheelchair! Any ideas? I need your help! Thank you

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• I would recommend going outside in the sunshine for a while. Solar vitamin D always spurs energy. Also, a little exercise doesn't hurt either. Even if it's just a stroll around the park for 10 minutes a day (can you stroll in a wheelchair?).
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 2:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Take a nap or two a day. Go to bed at the same time each night. Don't drink caffeine.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thank you. I've tried the naps. More tired than when I laid down. Don't seem to be able to recop the momenum... I do go to bed the same time every night. I drink a cup of coffee here and there in the a.m. Any other suggestions?
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i heard that eating fruits with a dark red meat have high energy, such as: concord grapes, blueberries, plums, acai berries, strawberries. my dh bought a whole bunch of fruit, he eats more than i do, but he says that it seems to be giving him more energy.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you can take msultivitamins because they give a lot energy and eat foods high in fiber which give off energy, energy level depends on diet and also drink lots of water
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Have you had your Iron level checked? U might need a boost in your Iron.. Drink lots of water, and eat your fruit everyday.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 11:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• B-vitamins
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 2:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• red beet could help, in combination with all the other suggetions. I send you a link in a minute. Can't remember the site right now.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thank you for the suggestions. I know B vitamins have helped. The fruit help on a short term because of the sugar in them. It raises your levels. But for me after a short time, I crash and burn. I'll try the red beets. Love them! Have been getting out in the sunshine when possible. Right now our overcast and rainy season has begun. I haven't had my iron check. Will try that. I think that maybe one of the many side effects from my medications is the cause... We'll see. I'll keep trying your suggestions until something works for my body. Appreciate your help!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010