can I ask your husbands a question ladies

Single parent with a 2001 mustang. It was my ex's mid life crisis car, then we got divorced. So I have kept the car in pretty good working order. But it recently started idlying jumpy, is the best way to describe it. And when I start it, it smells like something is burning....can I make it till next Monday, thats my next day off, till I can leave it all day with a mechanic. Could it be a million things wrong with it, or maybe a few and if so how much will it maybe cost to fix, Im on a super tight budget right now. Can we make it till next Monday is my question and thankyou sisters..oh,,checked oil the other day and added a quart, if that helps

beyondhopes

Asked by beyondhopes at 2:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hes asleep right now but i will ask him 1 thing in the am
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would say that your timing is off. If you can deal with it until monday, it shouldn't be that bad. I would also check your air intake valve, that could also be an issue. Without looking at it, I would say it's an air problem, but I could be wrong. (An engine needs three things to run: Air, Gas, and Spark)
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 2:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• check your spark plugs. my honda did that and my head gasket was leaking oil into where my spark plugs go. you can take them out and clean them, but if your plugs are oily, then get your car checked out asap.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It sounds to us like spark plugs. I would see if they are tough on there and if they are oily get it in there right away but it not then ya you could wait i wouldn't be going all over town and what not only drive from point A to point B and what not. if you have a few minutes to have someone take a look that would be your best idea.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• unfortunately that year of mustang is plagued with issues and it could be one thing or a bunch, it can wait most likely
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010