How do I get pass someone who hurt me?

I have to deal with this person every week. They act as if nothing is wrong. They even have told me, " I'm mean to you because I know you'll forgive me." I have to talk with her every week. I'm having a hard time. Last week I had to leave the room so they wouldn't see me cry because the wound is still fresh. I have to get pass this. I refuse to let it ruin me being a part of the group for the sake of a few rotton apples. Any ideas what I can do?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• They? So it's more than one! And why do you HAVE to talk to them? If avoiding is not possible, could you perhaps make it an issue during a group discussion? Embaras them in front of the others. Don't attack! Calmly say what you have to say. Maybe that you enjoy the group but the way you've been treated by certain people is deminishing that pleasure lately. And that's a shame as we are all grown ups and should get along with each other in respect and equality.
    I wouldn't go into detail, because the one's who did it will know and the one's beeing nice will back you up. Who knows, that might start a good discussion? But be careful to blame. Then you get all this emotional " you did this and you did that" A whole lot of drama that changes nothing. And they LOVE IT, believe me. People like that feed on negative energy. Just ask them to stop it for the sake of the harmony within the group Practise in front of a mirror if nessecary
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Best thing to do is let it GO! For YOUR SAKE,not hers. It is NOT worth your trouble,you WILL get over it. Goodluck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• well, i'm nor sure how and what she does to you, but we are not on the playground. you are a grown woman, stand up for yourself, talk to that woman and tell her that you will not put up with this any longer and will not forgive her anymore for that matter. after you said your peace then you will feel much better and she will know where you are standing.....after all that is said and done, then you can ignore her. i would not walk away with my tail between my legs from that person. she is just a woman like you. she needs to show you respect.
    good luck honey and don't let that get to you. the more you avoid it the bigger it will get.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Pray for that person and don't let it bother you. Kill them with kindness.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would kill her with kindness and pray for her the only person in the whole situation that is having an issue with this is you so swallow it and just act as if you don't give two shits and you will get over this in due time. Don't allow her to know that you are hurting that will make things worse.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:31 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You voice, the words you choose, your body language. Everything has to say: What you're doing is rediculous. You cannot touch me.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• YOu can do it! I'm proud of you already!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• cut that person off, dont let them disrespect you , and ask for Gods help to help you forgive in your heart but u dnt have to put upwith it.
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• depending on the women i am still working on my hurt and its been a few years now
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 3:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• why the hell u need to listen to such mean creatures.just plainly ignore them
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 22, 2010