ever wake up and realize your body has slipped a lil? i need to get it back!tips for motivation

I am 26 years old and a mommy. Having my munchkin a couple years ago gave me some stretch marks and that lil "pouch" effect some moms have. I call them my mommy marks :-). I used to be in the army thus I was more sculpted. Looking in the mirror I realized gravity is affecting my butt,tummy and thighs. I know how to eat healthy,I know some good exercises,but my problem is motivation.Every time I start working on being fit, I lose motivation shortly and start slacking. I am rather busy,but I know I could fit in at least half-hour or hour of working out early morning or some evenings. I want to feel sexy again.i am self conscious of my lower stomach/thighs a lot so I need to take better care of my body.I self-motivate for other things so well like online college,but not this!Ideally I should lose 40lbs to reach a healthy bmi and sculpt with exercises.i want my body confidence back!Tips for motivation and how to keep going??

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you need a buddy to help keep you on track somebody you can talk to about it and maybe take an exercise class with, I am doing it alone and it is hard but if you have a buddy it makes life easier and it makes it fun
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Like the pp said, you need a buddy and that will help you. I prefer to exercise by myself, that way I can stay focused. I get distracted way to easily. Once I started to see my thighs tone up and that little pouch going away, that has kept me motivated. Exercise can be fun, just find what you think is fun to do and keep at it. My mom likes to go for power walks and she looks so amazing. She walks miles and miles. I find running and boxing fun, I could do that all day if I could. I have always loved basketball, but finding the time to go to the court isn't always easy with 3 kids.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have the same problem. I am 37 and have two children. Every time I start an exercise routine, it seems like something in life comes up to interrupt it and then I stop. I did the wii Active 30 Day Challenge not long ago and liked it when I started, but seemed to lose interest towards the end ~ although I did finish it. I have an elliptical and really like it, but need to work on my tummy section too. I really only need to lose 5 or so pounds, but need to exercise just to get healthier and firm things up. Also need to work on eating better too, but one thing at a time. I think what I need to do is actually write down a schedule ~ for everything ~ exercise, work around the house and work from home ~ and make myself stick to it. For about 6 weeks or so I was getting up early and exercising on the elliptical for 30 minutes each time 4 - 5 times a week and felt great. Need to get that motivation back!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 9:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Sorry ~ my post probably wasn't much help!! All in all, I think if we put our minds to it and find something that really holds our interest, we will stick to it. I seem to get bored with most of the things I have around here. But can't afford to join a gym yet and thinking that maybe next year when both of my kids are in school it might get easier! Good luck!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 10:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2010