Hubby and I have a bet

and naturally we both think we, ourselves is right lol

Let's say it is Monday night, you look at your husband/so and say lets plan something for next Friday.

Is next Friday that Friday that is creeping up in 4 days or is it the Friday that is ending the next week?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 4:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I have the same discussion. He feels that next Friday means Friday of next week. I feel that next Friday means the next Friday coming up 4 days from now.

Answer by Bmat at 4:25 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The Friday in 4 days. That is the "next Friday to come" is in 4 days.

When my hubby and I make plans i include the date to go with the day cause well ladies we know how men are. LOL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Bmat that is my husband and I EXACTLY he says it's next week, I say it's in 4 days lol
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 4:29 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I guess I'm the odd woman out *lol* When I say "next Friday" I mean the Friday of next week, not the Friday four days from now
    Arwynne

Answer by Arwynne at 4:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• DH says the one in a couple days. I say the one next week. I think the one in a few days is called THIS Friday, and next.. is next Friday. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 4:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL I am convinced there is not right or wrong answer here
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 4:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Friday, which is four days away. Thats how hubby and I see it.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 4:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know where you are coming from but because i have this problem all the time i word it this way : "this coming friday" or "the friday of Next week" to clarify which one i'm talking about....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• the friday that is ending the next week. otherwise it would be THIS friday. i would think. =/
    prideinbienamom

Answer by prideinbienamom at 5:20 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Friday next week. Not this coming Friday, Next Friday
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 5:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2010