do you think its wrong to breastfeed your second child and not your first?

toybar02

Asked by toybar02 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• absolutely not, sometimes things happen and unfortunately with first children we make mistakes and have issues but research and learn and with second and third.. kids we have the resources, so why not use them. It is the best for the baby even if the first didn't get that
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i agree. breastfeed, it is good for both you and your baby. dont make yourself feel guilty about not doing this with the first baby, you do not want it to get in the way of your bonding time when breastfeeding.
    prideinbienamom

Answer by prideinbienamom at 5:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• no i do not, a lot of moms have trouble the first time anyway and usually it isn't the child or the mothers fault, but a lack of confidence and education on the subject. If you feel like you want to, then do it!
    cupcake1441

Answer by cupcake1441 at 5:41 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, not at all. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. My first wasn't on board with breastfeeding and it was a real struggle and he ended up on formula. My second was all about it right from the start. That's just the way it worked out and I don't think it's wrong at all! Any child that you can breastfeed no matter if it's your first, second, third, fourth etc, it should be considered a great accomplishment :-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• no! I was not able to breastfeed my first due to lack of support and chose not to with my second because I did not want to go through all that again..... 5 years later I made a conscious decision to breastfeed my 3rd baby and did so with great success!

There is no way it could be wrong to do what you think it best. You only did what you could at the time with the knowledge and support you had. This time around you have more knowledge and more support, and therefore your choices will be different.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010