hair disasters

did you ever have a hair disaster?
i had one in high school. Due to my red hair we bleached it and then died it indigo blue, it looked great when it was still wet and wasn't soaked in all the way, but the next day it was horrible. It turned into a moldy green color. i was devastated :( lol

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 5:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yep! My uncle's 1st wife supposedly graduated from beauty school and she would cut our hair. Well if she was mad at my uncle (which was often) she would take it out on MY hair--- and keep cutting, cutting, cutting. I remember the last haircut she gave me I ended up crying for hours because my long hair got very short and looked like "a boy cut" (I was 9 at the time). After that my mom broke down and took sis and I to a real stylist at a salon....
    When I was in high school I did the sun-in thing...... really dried out my hair and turned it orange.....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I used to experiment with hair color. Yikes. I've been every shade of orange you can imagine, and one time I dyed it yellow - like sunshine yellow! It was hideous. I finally gave in and started going to a salon about 10 years ago.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:53 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i did dreadlocks in high school. Looking back I dont know what I was thinking! my hair was gross. I ended up shaving my head.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have brown hair (not really dark, but not dirty blonde either). Anyway, I wanted to go a little darker once and ended up with BLACK. I have never tried to dye on my own since then. I have actually never even had a professional dye job since either. LOL
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 11:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I once decided I needed bangs... I think I was in eighth grade at the time. I couldn't get them even and made that classic mistake of going shorter in an attempt to even them out. By the time I gave up I had maybe three centimeters of hair for half my "bangs" and the other half was cut up against my head. The hairstylist we went to to fix it had to cut me new bangs to cover them and the new bangs started halfway back on the top of my back. The best part was that after the fix it bangs got too long to cover my mess but before the mess grew out long enough to look any degree of normal (luckily it was summer by then and I was sleeping in my favorite hat) my dad got married and I had to be in the wedding. I was the only member of the wedding party other than the bride to get my hair professionally done. It looked terrible but at least it helped distract from the mountainous zit I had on the end of my nose that day (at least it did
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 4:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• When I was little I had braids and my Mother had this great habit of yanking on them when she got mad, so one day I asked her to cut my hair. Well damn if she didn't cut my hair still in the braids, and it was all up and down because of the braids. I was so embarassed when I was sent out to play. Then I had it cut again, can't remember who or how, and it was at the tip of my ears and straight around my head one length, so UGLY. I won't let anyone see my school pictures. Never did that to my kids.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2010