If a friend has left her husband and is already dating someone else, and you think it's too soon, do you tell her?

HuntersMom25

Asked by HuntersMom25 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• um no because its none of your business.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't offer an opinion unless she asked. Just because I think it's too soon doesn't mean that she's not ready to just get on with her life - or enjoy having the company of someone new for awhile. Be supportive and don't judge her.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I Like scuba's answer..

She made the choice to leave her husband, that means its over for her. Maybe she should wait, but if shes ready what can you say? .
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well, if its too soon or not that is not for you to judge. She is making that decision.
    If you are really good friends you can talk to her about it, but don't tell her what to do, it's just not your place to do so. I hope that helps?!
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think I would keep my mouth shut. It is her life, her business. I would be supportive of the fact that she is trying to rebuild her life the best way that she knows how, and leave it at that. No one knows what it is truly like for her, and if dating someone makes her happy, she should be making herself happy. Divorces are hard at best! And murder on someone's self esteem! So, only she can judge what she needs and when.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You can offer your point of view. But don't be 'authoritative' about it or seem to 'press your beliefs' onto her. Or you'll be the bad guy. Just say something along the lines of 'Listen, I wanted to talk to you, and are you really okay with starting to date again? You just broke up (however many weeks/days/months) ago with your husband. I'm only asking as your friend and I don't want you to regret anything because you may be feeling heartbroken and trying to get it out in another way or move on too quickly with someone else.'
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 8:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i know someone who tryed to do that and No you cant tell that person its too soon. you have to let them do it the hard way or learn the hard way. they jumped because they think they are in love when most likely, they are just in lust.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If she just physically left him it might be that she had mentally left him months ago.... you don't just wake up and leave one day. It's a process you have to go thru. She is probably ready to move on..... and it's really not up to you... in this case it really is all about her.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, stay out of it. she could be on the rebound and trying to make herself feel better. Although some may argue that this is an unhealthy way to go about this, just be a true friend and available to support hr if and when some come across a creep.
    blackqueen918

Answer by blackqueen918 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If she asks for your oppinion then be honest (but tactful). If she doesn't then don't say anything. Lots of people date right after a divorce, whether others view it as right or wrong is irrelivent because the marriage in their eyes is over and only kept alive by a piece of paper.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010