dayquil and breastfeeding?please let me know what i can take

is it safe to take dayquil while breastfeeding ?i checked kellymom but couldnt find anything on it

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• best thing to do is call your doctor...the best answer is his/hers...

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ".... oral administration of phenylephrine might decrease milk production. Because no information is available on the use of oral phenylephrine during breastfeeding, an alternate drug may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant. "

Answer by mama_l at 8:05 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

Here is the information on what would be safe to take. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by mama_l at 8:08 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• at this point milk production isnt an issue, i should have added that.she is 20 months.i just want to make sure i dont take anything that might hurt her when she nurses. you know, if it gets into my milk.and my dr wont help because she literally thinks i am nuts for still nursing and everytime i call her, she says,well it is a good time to wean then so just take whatever you want and so on.last visit she ask had i broken my daughters "habit" yet,so i dont call her anymore about any meds or anything concerning breastfeeding.not sure who i can call.if i dont find out something in the next little while i might can call the place rose was born at ( a birth center) or the doula who helped me.was hoping to get an answer sooner though, i am miserable.dont know if it is alergies or a cold but i feel like i been run over by a truck.

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• checked out the link.looks like i am officially up a creek.i havent anyof the things on hand that it lists.

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't appreciate your doctor's advice! : (

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i dont appreciate her advice either, the moment i am stuck until i get my new insurance.she has been very negative from day one about breastfeeding,and all that kind of thing.

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Sep. 22, 2010