who are you real friends and who isn't

I have asituation to ask. I have had a friend for about a year. we worked together for a year. then we became close friends. we went places together clubs ect. I got pregnant and after i gave birth I never saw her again. She never came by or called no email no nothing. a couple months back i saw her at a redbox renting a movie. I said hello an we cahtted but she never told me anything. so i gave her my number. she never called until 4 months later. She left a message that she issed me and she wanted to know how things are going. so she told me the eason why she was gone for about 2 yeras. she moved away because she had car problems and she didn't have any problems getting places. then she told em yesterday that she pushed me away becasue of my fiance. That sh ewasn't happy that he drank too much. to me he calmed with his drinking. Yes he does curse but not that much. But becasue of him and how he acts she pushed our friedship.

SCRAGIRL31

Asked by SCRAGIRL31 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• She at least finally told you why she "vanished". It doesn't sound like you need her in your life. I hope you have made more friends and have moved on. Be careful..........it might happen all over again if you become friendly again. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• what are you asking? If we think she is a "true friend"? I have a lot of true friends I dont speak to on a daily basis like I used to especially since getting pregnant/having my baby. Some I never heard from again, some turned into acquaintences to the point where "hey how's it going" is the only thing we say to each other, some close relationships never changed. Those (never changed) relationships are with my "true friends". We have our own lives, we are busy with our own lives, but we still love each other and contact each other on occasion to catch up. I dont really have a friend I talk to and practically hang out with on a daily basis. I did, but...she moved :(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:10 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Be careful... there is probably more to that story than is being told... A true friend would not let another person come between your friendship and she would have been honest with you in the first place about your finance.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 9:55 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• well kamore I just finished emailing her on what you just told me. I told her that to me it sounds like it's an excuse. That I wouldn't know her if her husband drank too much or even smoked too much. If I didn't like that I would of told her. I want a good friend that I can say she is my best friend, but i don't. I have one in ny long Island but here in Florida. What can I say?
    SCRAGIRL31

Comment by SCRAGIRL31 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010