When does it really sink in?

I am 34 weeks, and it still really hasn't hit me yet that I am about to be a mother. Am I alone in this?

Sweetpea0916

Asked by Sweetpea0916 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first child, it actually did not hit me until I saw my little baby girl. With the pregnancy that followed, I already knew what was in store so when my weeks started counting down, I was in a rush to make sure I had this and had that.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I felt the same with my first. After she was born, I would just stare at her...I couldn't believe that my body had made that!! It is really an absolutly amazing process, a real blessing. It is a little shocking but once you see your baby, love will have a whole new meaning. Congrats and good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• For a first time mother, I think it takes a bit longer b/c you dont know exactly what to expect. For me, this will be my 4th child, my 3rd living child ( we had a stillborn), and It has already sunk in that we are going to have another baby in the house. I'm only 5 wks!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am also 34 weeks and this my 3rd and my first one was 18 years ago and my last one was 16 years ago and it still hasn't really sunk in that we are having another child and starting all over. It is all so surreal.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• for me it dint sink in till i started to show.. but dont worry every one is different it will happend eventually.
    mommy626855

Answer by mommy626855 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• when i felt my son move when i was four months i realized he was alive. when i saw hiw ultrasound at six months i was overjoyed and speechless. then when he was born i still could not believe that he was real and he was mine for keeps.
    JanellovesJJ

Answer by JanellovesJJ at 11:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• it did not really hit me until i heard my son cry the first time.
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 3:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no, with my first it didnt hit me until i gave birth and this pregnancy still doesnt seem real to me yet. its very normal :)
    lovingmom2jack

Answer by lovingmom2jack at 5:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2010