Daycares

My child is in daycare & for some reason I get teachers that just stutter: when I ask if my child had a good day?Is this the new norm for teachers? I might say I am using the term teachers lightly since how they just plop the kids in front of the tv & then dont pay attention to the kids.

mmtosam06

Asked by mmtosam06 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• WOW! I remember when mine were in daycare. Teachers actually worked with the children on different things. Maybe you should search around for a new daycare. I would be upset about this one because when my children were in daycare it was all about paying attention to the children.
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When I worked daycare...it wasn't like that. You might want a new one. That sounds awful and disgusting.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Trust me im yanking her out and as of the 1st she will be going to a structured daycare here they teach kids letters,numbers,shapes,howto write their names & such it honestly pisses me off.I mean my child has a bruise or a scratch (i know kids get hurt playing no biggie) but ummm when a scratch is near the eye you better have an explanation for it
    mmtosam06

Comment by mmtosam06 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree with you! My children always attended a daycare that helped them learn their numbers, letters, and how to write their names. Between me working with them at home and the teachers working with them, they pretty much already knew their information when they entered Kindergarden. I also always had the teachers able to tell me how they got a boo boo period, whether it was on the arm, leg or whatever. Even if it was just to tell me they fell off the swing, at least they knew where it came from and would point the boo boo out to me before I even left the daycare that day....Good Luck!
    motherof4and2

Answer by motherof4and2 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yeah...good. We did like you and "motherof4and2" described. You would have loved it. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yeah see my daughter knows howto count & wills sometimes mess up but she can def count to 10 & she knows her shapes not all but most & she is learning to write her name at home so I kow she would like a structured environment rather than one that just has dry /erase board for looks & such
    mmtosam06

Comment by mmtosam06 (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I found a great structured in home daycare who also has a preschool cirriculum and he is SO much happier and learning so much more than when he was in the center daycare. I talked to her about the amounts of TV and he comes home with crafts activities and daily sheets stating what he did, what he ate and if he napped and what they learned in preschool - its great..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Our daycare doesn't even have TVs, except for the theater in the school-age room. Many of the teachers at our daycare have either gone to school or are currently going to school for early childhood education. I would look for another daycare.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ive never had that problem. maybe discuss with her boss.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 10:26 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• the boss plays favorites she sides with the teachers whats funny is the boss is the direcvtor & wont take her own child there to where she works because he developed rsv in the infant rm
    mmtosam06

Comment by mmtosam06 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010