The right has no ideas?

I am posting this because recently some have been parroting Obama and other democrats in saying that the republicans have no ideas for America..

Alot of us already knew that is not entirely accurate because we have been paying attention all along..including when the republicans would try to insert some of their ideas and Obama and admin would shut them out and then chant 'the party of no!'
Some of these ideas have been around for quite some time now..including Paul Ryan's ' Roadmap for America

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You are right on. Even before these were on paper they had ideas that would have worked better than the trash that has been dumped on us. First the Dems wouldn't even let them discuss the ideas and then when they got out anyway they tried their best to bash the idea and the person or persons bringing them. It will be nice to get a real recovery in gear but I'm sure we will not be spared the liberal bashing and crying even when they can't do anything about it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You really don't expect the libs to look do you? They would rather sheepishly parrot the lib talking point. "party of NO".
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You're spot-on. Unfortunately both sides want to "win" and defeat each others good ideas because they are not their own. I would like to see true bi-partisanship, but our politicians are more concerned about politics than good public policy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL! It sure is quite in here!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:49 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh now 2 years later they have ideas right before elections. I guess it was smart of them to put up some ideas or people might have caught on how they haven't had any for 2 years. Obama debating with them in front of America about health care showed us all they had no real ideas. They vowed never to make that mistake again. You know the one where the President made them look uh foolish.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have an idea................vote on Nov 2 for the right and see. (Kind of like "you have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill") You have to vote them in to see.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well...I just signed on and started reading about an hour ago. ANd I guess I am a skeptic and I will just wait and see what the Republicans have to say about issues. Both parties have some good and some bad ideas and each have their points to make. I am really not sure about Health Care anymore...after talking to my son and DIL who work for UNC Hospital Health Care (in their offices)and to a friend from my high school class who has lived in Norway since High School Graduation (I saw him at our reunion) He has some negative things to say about their Health Care in Norway too. So.....I'm just not sure about anything anymore. I'm adrift.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well, I am not going to read it all. However, I was intrigued about their proposal to reduce health insurance premiums. Turns out, nothing will be done to do that. It is just saying something about reimbursing states who meet guidelines, which by the way would mean government subsidies, but if I am reading it right they are basing the guidelines on the past 10 years of increases in insurance costs. Well, I don't think subsidies for not allowing double digit yearly increases is very effective. And it doesn't really lay out anything to actually help states meet these goals. In other words, it does nothing at all. That's just one section, I know. But it seems to be just a set of vague platitudes, not a really well-thought out plan.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Barack Obama and his Administration along with the Democrats in the House and the Senate have said the GOP have not come up with any solutions to America's problems, are the "Party of No" and all sorts of other accusations. We hear this constantly. But are any of you aware of the information posted below?

Be sure to click each link and read each proposal. While we may not agree with all solutions, the site, its handbooks and plans look pretty well thought out and clear.

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topic/show?id=2600775%3ATopic%3A2618999&xgs=1&xg_...

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Better Solutions
    (PDF) - A compilation of GOP policy alternatives presented to President
    Barack Obama by Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) on January 29,
    2010. *(this is only 27 pages long)

- The GOP Healthcare Alternative provides affordable access to all
     Americans, instead of mandating a one-size-fits-all health system;

- The American Energy Act promotes affordable energy, more well-paying
     jobs, energy independence, and a cleaner environment;

- The GOP No-Cost Jobs Plan stops wasteful spending and tax hikes,
     helps small businesses, and removes unnecessary barriers
     to American energy production.;

tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2010