Does anyone really believe there are ways to "insure" the gender you want when trying to conceive?

Silly as it sounds, I wanted other opinions on this. I honestly think it's simply up to God, but thought I would ask. We have two beautiful boys and hope to have a girl next time.
What do you think and why?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:16 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope. I don't think there's a way to get a boy or girl. But also I have never tried a method.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:18 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There is no way you can be sure you are going to have a boy or a girl.

There has been research surrounding "gender specific" IVF procedures and they are extremely controversial.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• short of fiddling with the dna during artificial insemination... nope.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 9:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe it is ultimately up to God. Not only that, but the chances of you having a girl are slim, because you already have two boys which indicates that your husband has more of the Y chromosome. All women have the X chromosome. If a man ejaculates and has more of the X chromosome to match your X chromosome you are most likely to have a girl. If he carries more of the Y chromosome it is more likely that you will have a boy. Therefore, if you have two boys it's most likely you will have another boy. If you have two girls it's most likely you will have another girl. It's possible to conceive the opposite sex, but the more children you have of one sex, the greater the odds of you conceiving the same sex are larger than you conceiving the opposite sex.
    GenieBean

Answer by GenieBean at 9:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There is a book floating around out there somewhere about how to pick your childs gender. Something about what time of ovulation you concieve. Someone gave me the book and swore by it, but I gave it back. I wanted to let fate take its course.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No way. I had to laugh at a post somewhere when someone asked a person why she didn't use gender selection to guarantee the sex that she wanted. To me, the idea is absurd.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010