need a little help.......

So my husband and I only get paid once a month and that is the last day of every month.... he is salary at work and that is how they get paid... on average his paychecks are $2800.00 at the end of the month....having someone give us some ideas of a good budget plan would be excellent!! we pay $500.00 for our car $186.00 for insurance $250.00 in credit card bills $400.00 for our house about $250.00 in groceries $65.00 for electric $20.00 for gas $156.00 for cable phone and internet and $125.00 for our cell phones.. this is just to give you guys an idea so maybe that can help you come up with a plan with me we've tried paying everything at once, and we always seem to run ourselves short....IDK I'm about to pull my hair out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Wow! My hubby gets pd twice a month. His checks total to be $2400 per month

House: $650
    Car payment: $200
    Car insurance: $95
    Cell phone (only phone): $65
    Cable Internet: $65
    Utilities (gas/electric) $65-200
    Bug Guy: $50
    Credit Card: $250 (we only have to pay $100 but we are paying more to get rid of it)

That leaves us 825-960 per month for food, gas for the cars, and misc things we want to do like going out to eat, carry out, movies, going to games, buying clothing, etc. I looked at what you are spending in some of those expenses and I say cut out what you can....lower your monthly bills. We used to pay for cable TV, We used to pay for 2 cell phones, etc. We just cut those things out!! Lower your bills, make meal plans knowing that you only have x amount to spend, bring cash and only shop with cash. If you run out of cash then you can't buy!

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I just minus all the expense you gave against the pay you said your husband gets and you should have over $800 LEFT at the end of the month. I noticed that you don't list gas for your cars. Are you really spending OVER $800 in gas for your cars per month?? In your food expense does that include going out to eat?? Or other expenses?? Are you sure that is what you spend or are you just guessing?? I would try keeping receipts for the next month to see what you really are spending..... You might be spending more then you realize.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Off the top of my head, I would try to find a cheaper insurance. Maybe see about refinancing the car payment and check with the credit card companies to lower your payments... or to take off the interest charges....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2008