How much have you ever paid for a dog?

Purebred dogs can be very expensive. We paid $350.00 for our Golden 13years ago. What is the most you ever bought a dog for and what breed was it?

Carolannie

Asked by Carolannie at 9:35 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I bought a dog for 350 dollars. we loved him but he was no better than the others we have adopted from the pound or rescued. so now I save my money
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• We have only had 1 dog and we bought him a few months ago from a shelter. He was $225. That covered all of his medical expenses and neutering. I could never buy a dog from a breeder. There are to many wonderful dogs out there in shelters that need good homes!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We have 3 rescue dogs... Our newest was the most expensive rescue dog ever! So far, about a grand. When she found us she had stage 4 heartworms, someone had dumped her because of it.... She had a rough time, and now is healthier then ever, and so great! She's a PURE bred Siberian Husky, and the people that BOUGHT her and then dumped her were the most horrible people on the planet IMO....
    We don't buy dogs, we rescue them...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i woudn't there are too many homeless animals out there that need a home, what difference does papers make
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i would never pay for a dog unless the money was going to fees and vet costs to get the dog out of a shelter....shelters are overcrowded and all of the best pets/best friends ive ever had have come from shelters or the humane society...IMO by paying for and encouraging dog breeding, you are contributing to the overcrowding...it all trickles down....also, chances are, your beloved pure-bred or manufactured-breed dog is inbred and not going to be nearly as intelligent and could have more health problems as a result of the inbreeding.....and- if one should decide to adopt a dog from a shelter, please consider getting an older or middle-aged dog as they have the smallest chance of being adopted and the biggest chance of being put down.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yikes! I paid $75.00 for a defective, one eyed Pomeranian one time. It was a really bad deal, I really should have gotten my money back! LOL! After than I will never pay that again for a dog. Instead, I know recommend shelters. I found a perfect full blooded Cocker Spaniel on Petfinder.com. He's the best dog I have ever owned!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• $0.00 -- all of the dogs I've had have been given to me, or my family
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 9:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've always gotten my pets from the shelter, so the most i've paid is $185. My daughter paid $1500 for her english bulldog 7 yrs ago. Don't think i'd ever do that.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i paid $1000
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It was a maltepoo, this was 4 years ago
    June_Mama09