Any one else have this problem with drs?

When my lo was under a year old I changed her ped after being told that her hemangioma was a sucking blister for 4 months, & when we finally got to a ped. dermatoligist, found 2 on her liver! She also wasn't gaining wieght for like 2 months, but the dr just blamed me and wouldn't try to figure out what was going on. They called me when I switched like I was nuts for switching! I thought it was in my child's best interest before something else that could turn serious started slipping by!
Now I'm switching again. 1st her dr was going to leave Oct. 1st & I felt like he wasn't doing his best, & last time I was there he said he wanted to see her back & escorted me out the door! Since I'm tired of feeling like all that can be done is not being done,& that he was just rushing to diagnose before he left and now realizes rash decisions won't work cause he's staying. I called to tell them and they acted like they were mad at me!!!

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 9:37 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• That sucks. I havent had this direct experience yet but I work in a hospital and doctors can be soooo rude sometimes. Like they think just because they went through and passed medical school that they are gods and goddesses. Well if you didnt feel comfortable with those doctors then good for you for changing docs!! Its like they want all the money with none of the work or something...
    Bump for you! Also maybe they were late for a sports game maybe thats why they were rushing. who knows. Good luck!!
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am sorry you are having such difficulties. It can be really frustrating.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I'd be more than a little pissed myself. Don't worry if they're "mad" at you....find a pedi you're comfortable with who will help your baby *nod*...the rest of them can stuff it.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• If you don't feel comfortable with a doctor...find another.....
    I've had a couple problems from time to time with doctors.....I think some times, some doctors forget they are HUMAN and so are their patients! GOOD LUCK!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have had problems with my kids' doc before, when my twins were toddlers, they had asthma and I had to drive 40 miles about 3 times a week to the hospital to get them nebulizer treatments. The doctor refused to prescribe an at-home nebulizer even though insurance covered. Finally, at the 4th ER follow-up appt I had to threaten legal action in order to get the equipment and medicine my children needed. I changed doctors and they got treated right. Thankfully, they have been 5 years without asthma symptoms.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010