5th b-day party

My sons b-day is in february and money is very tight and my house is very small. I'd like to invite some of the kids from his class but i won't have room for the parents. Do you think parent's will drop thier kids off and is it ok to ask? I haven't met any of them.

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When My DD went to her first party at 5 I called the parents and asked.... "do you want me to stay or drop her off"... I talked to the mom for a while and felt comfortable dropping her off... I just made sure I left my phone number. Talking to the other parents is really the best way to gage how they feel about it.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They may be reluctant to just drop their kids off, especially if they don't personally know you. You could just get phone numbers for his best buds and call them (instead of sending invites to school to a select few) that way you could limit the number of guests and parents could still come.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 9:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I doubt it, I would go to Chucky E Cheese, don't rent a table but just walk in, buy the tokens (can get coupons online) bake your on cake and let them go..That's the cheapiest way to go in the winter time. The money you would spend on invitations, gift bags for each kid, etc. can be used to buy tokens. Also, the minute maid brand of juice has coupons for tokens and pizza too. This way parents can come, and on your birthday flyers (cheaper) you can put each child will get _______ tokens and pizza will be offered. That way everyone knows, and most parents will chip in after their child has used them. Good luck!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't drop my child off to a bday party unless I knew the parents personally. And I personally would be offended if someone asked me to do so. Call me overprotective, but you just can't be too careful these days.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• go to a park
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If it's not too cold where you live, there are a lot of free outdoor venues you could host a party at. If not, just limit the party to a small number of kids so you can fit kids and parents.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:22 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't care for my local CC, it smells like urine and the people working there are rude.
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• amymartinez0214 - it is normally about 15-20 degrees out side here around his b-day./ I wish outside was an option because my problem would be solved easy. but its not. Thanks anyway

Morgain- thats what i'm hoping. Is that once i talk to a few moms, i can atleast get 2-3 of them to come with out parents.
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2010