Doe your child's school host a Halloween party?

My kids school usually had a Halloween party in the gymnasium to keep the kids off the street after they have had their fun trick or treating. They would make it fun and many children showed up for the food and prizes for best costume and so forth. The children showed up in some really creative costumes for this school party.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• They have individual class parties, and have a Halloween parade around the parking lot to show off their costumes :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Cute idea, but we don't do anything for Halloween. We have a Fall Festival, we're afraid that we won't have as much participation if we include Halloween.
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 9:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Now days, they have done away with ALL holiday themed parties. They have been replaced with season festivals, for Halloween it will be the Fall Festival and for Chirstmas, before school break, it will be the Winter Celebration. I don't get it, growing up, I remember celebrating everything! my girls as well. Everything these days has to be politically, socialy (sp) and religious correct. Where is the fun for our little ones anymore?????
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It did last year, but so far there is mention of it this year. It's more of a fall festival, carnival type of thing where costumes are allowed.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:42 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They do a small parade around the school and then parties in each of the classrooms.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No my kids school does not and never has!
    Skavswife

Answer by Skavswife at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My kids' school has a great party with a DJ and everything. It is not necessarily on the 31st. It's on the Friday before halloween. It doesn't interfere with trick or treating. It's a lot of fun.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:30 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My girls are not in school the last week of Oct. They go back after Thanksgiving. I know there is a middle school dance on Friday that oldest will go to. Preschooler will have a Halloween party in class.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, our school doesn't do anything for Halloween.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Each class has a Fall Festival party... costumes are worn for the last 1 1/2 hrs of school and the children
    walk thru town (about 4 blocks) in a parade fashion and they start their parties in class...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010