bare essentials

i am 42 and i do like the mineral make up i have tried bare essentials, sheer cover and other drug store brands but around my cheeks and no where else it looks dry, flacky like. i have used moisturizer on my face before adding make up and still get same result any ideas how to get rid of that?

sdeignan

Asked by sdeignan at 11:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• IMO, mineral makeup is for younger ladies. I am 44 and I like something with a bit more coverage... I like to see the coverage throughout the day. With mineral makeup, it lasted for about an hour. I personally like MAC makeup. Take yourself down to your local Macey's or such and get a MAC assistant to help you with the right stuff.... Trust me, you will love it. I have been using it for about two years now. I used to use Lancome and like this much better...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Use a makeup primer itr retains the moisture in your skina nd also minimizes pores...my personal favorite Skinfinish by Smashbox...its a clear gel that u put on your skin, i use bare essentials and it buffs on so smooth after that...u can also try Spackle by Laura Geller which i have used also...u can get both of these items at QVC.com...good luck!
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 11:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• exfoliate, use a primer.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Have you considered exfoliating a few times a week?
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 9:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• thank you guys so much. you all where alot of help, yes i use an exfoliate at least 1 to 3 times a week infact its the one susan luccie advertises youthful essence which i love. i think i need to go to macys like pupmom said and try the mac make up because with my age i would like a little more coverage. thanks again all of you. i really appreciate your feedback.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 3:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008