am i jealous??

ok ladies so i really need to know what you really think...ok so im a mother of one..my son is my parents 1st grandchild...but now my older sister is pregnant with her 1st child too and she's having a baby girl..my parents seem very excited about it..and it has me thinking over and over again to have another child but im not ever sure if im ready im not sure if its jealousy or is it because my son was the 1st and i was secretly hoping he would stay my parents favorite..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• u sound jealous over the attention
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Honestly, it sounds to me like you are a little jealous over the fact that your sister is now getting the attention, and the fact that your parents are excited about her new addition! There will be room in your parents lives and hearts for all of you. Let your sister enjoy the limelight, and don't base the decision to have another baby (if you are not ready for one) on the fact that you want a little more attention. Instead, why don't you just ask your parents over for dinner and share a night with just your family and them, that might give you the attention fix you need!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Definitely sounds like jealousy. It's nice to be in the spotlight, but I'm sure your sister's just as excited about her pregnancy as you were with yours. Let her have her turn, your baby will always be the first grandchild so don't sweat it. Have another kid when you are ready for it.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 9:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Uh yeah ~ sounds a little like jealousy! :) But it may stem from some jealousy that you may have had about your sister.??? I believe it will all change after the baby is born because I have the only grandson out of the 5 grandchildren from me and my brother and my parents always treated him differently ~ boys and girls bring a different type of joy to everyone. You will see!! Your son will still get his attention. Don't have another one if you're not ready.
    dcnative

Answer by dcnative at 10:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think it's obvious that you are, and I also think you're being a little selfish. Would you rather they weren't excited about their next grandchild? They don't have to have a favorite, they can love all of their grandchildren. I think you need to try to be happy for your sister.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:03 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• not ENTIRELY jealous but concerned and scared that your parents wont find your son to be amusing anymore. lets say you and your sister are at your parents together...of course, the baby is gonna be more exciting for them so they happily giggle and coo at the baby and now it seems like your parent's attention from your son is slipping away.

you may want another baby so that they will give your baby more attention and at the same time, her's. but still....your son will be pushed aside. i would just stick with this feeling you have and try to avoid it and being in the same place as your sister so you dont have to deal with it. Stick with just your son and give him all the attention he can get just from you till your sister's baby grows up then the attention may be equal from her's and your son's
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes you are and I understand, but I can tell you how to change it. Instead of being "negative" about it, start enjoying it with her. It will change the way you"feel" which usually is the problem. Go and look for a special "girls" presents for her. If it were me, I would make a special basket from her "favorite aunt". Girls are so much fun to shop for. :-) With anything like this , other women, kids, job, turn those negative feelings into productive love and you will be amazed how much better you feel about everything. If we act on what we "feel" we can have a life of misery, resentment and self-piity. When you master acting on what is right instead of reacting on feelings, it opens a much better world. Hugs !! Have some fun ..... Life is short
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:21 AM on Sep. 22, 2010